You may have noticed that Blizzard has made a server available to WoW: Burning Crusade Classic beta testers where you can stock up on level 70 characters. They have pretty decent gear, have access to many items from the reputation factions, and can pick up consumable items like vials, buff food, and potions, as well as jewels and enchantments from NPCs.
With the second raid test for Karazhan cancelled for now, beta testers are currently using the characters primarily for regular visits to Outland's heroic dungeons. And the feedback is building our anticipation for launch: The heroic dungeons are said to be delightfully crunchy, crisper than the Karazhan raid challenges and even Gruul's lair.
Here are a few specific observations from the recent Good Morning Azeroth chat session:
- The heroic dungeons are of a very different caliber than the challenges we're used to in Classic.
- This can be seen nicely in the playstyle of the healers. While in many Classic challenges you can simply "spam" the fastest healing spell most of the time to keep people alive, in the Heroic dungeons you have to use the right spell at the right time. Make the wrong choice or use a global cooldown incorrectly at a dangerous moment and people die. You're constantly under power, healing is hard but very fun work in Heroics.
- Tanks with tier 4 level gear can be "geoneshotted" by attacks and mechanics.
- The bosses aren't a huge challenge across the board, there are free-loot challenges here as well. The trash groups, however, are a different story. The "normal" opponents are no walk in the park in all heroic dungeons. Sometimes the tank damage is enormous, sometimes certain spells have to be interrupted or parts of the trash group have to be controlled or kited. If this does not happen => Wipe.
- In fact, players die so often that groups take breaks within a dungeon run because characters have to repair their equipment urgently. Some groups have even had to pull the sails early because they couldn't get through Shattered Halls and the like with their class setup.
- Since healers need to pump to keep the group alive, healing aggro is a major issue, especially with large groups tanked by Warriors or Bears. Pack talents that reduce your healing aggro!
- If the difficulty stays like this, classes like mages that have reliable control spells will be popular for heroic dungeons. This was already the case back in the day. For example, in the early days of TBC, rogues had a hard time connecting with heroic dungeon groups outside of their guild (as the author of this article experienced firsthand).
Are you looking forward to the crunchy heroic dungeons of Outland? Tell us in the comments!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonAlso read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep Wind Shot - PvP Brawl starting August 18WoW PvP Brawl: Starting on August 18, we'll be heading into a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground. Here is the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs Poll on Phase 2 RaidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race will be rated in TBC Classic Phase 2. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for Patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? Find from some dataminers raises hopes for patch 9.1.5. 01:48WoW
: Burning Crusade Classic: The Official Goosebumps Trailer World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 10