Anyone who has played WoW Classic extensively will surely remember the numerous mages who raked in lots of gold with their boosting services. Especially in dungeons like Maraudon and Zul'Farrak, huge pulls were possible, thanks to which the off-positioned twinks could skim off level-ups in no time.
This method may be efficient, but dungeon boosting also ensured that there were hardly any twinks left in the open world to do quests or join an instance group of "peers". So we can certainly understand why Blizzard would want to eliminate dungeon boosting in WoW (buy now €14.99 )Classic: Season of Mastery if possible.
Last week, dataminers had already found clues as to how Blizzard intends to combat boosting. Now the first confirmed adjustments have landed on the beta server:
- There are noticeably fewer experience points from killed monsters if you are in a party with one or more characters that have a significantly higher level than the defeated monster.
- In Stratholme and Maraudon, many enemies gain immunity to root and slowdown effects 30 and 60 seconds after being pulled, respectively.
- In Maraudon, enemies immune to root effects receive a 50 percent increase in movement speed.
- Any type of control effect (aside from root and slow) will replenish immunity and the movement speed buff in Maraudon and Stratholme.
- The zombie trolls in Zul'Farrak now drop less valuable loot. Most of the zombie trolls' loot has been distributed among the other enemy types in the dungeon.
According to the developers, however, these changes are only the "first round" in the fight against "boosting" and "powerleveling". What do you think of these adjustments? Tell us in the comments!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
Do you like buffed? Then you can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall.
Every amount, big or small, is valuable.
We thank you.Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Darkmoon Faire - how to make "good" into "betterThe Dark Moon Faire is great, but should be spruced up. We look at how to improve Silas Darkmoon's sinister WoW amusement park. 6
WoW: The most expensive pets in the game - from TCG to ingame storeHalf a million gold for a pet in WoW? Yes, it exists! Here, we introduce you to the ten most expensive pets! 9
WoW: If I could wish for a city in WoW, it would be ...A thought experiment: If you could wish for a city in WoW, what style would it be? The Hozen style? The Jinyu? The Vulpin? 00:30WoW
TBC Classic: The release trailer for Lords of Outland is here! From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 11