WoW Patch 9.1: This is what we know about the 2nd Shadowlands PvP Season
1st PvP items with more item levels in PvP2. More PvP rewards in season 22.1. The mounts of the second PvP season of Shadowlands
With patch 9.1, WoW's Shadowlands will not only see a new raid challenge as well as a fresh Mythic Plus affix, but also another PvP season for the arenas and rated battlegrounds. The developers at Blizzard are, of course, still relying on many of the systems that came to fruition in Season 1. However, there will also be some adjustments and new features for all fans of player vs. player battles. Below is a summary of what we know so far about Shadowlands Season 2 PvP.
PvP items with more item levels in PvP
We already informed you about the perhaps most important "innovation" about two weeks ago: Future PvP items from Season 2 PvP are supposed to be stronger in PvP content than in PvE. When you enter a battleground or arena, the item level of these items will automatically increase by 13 points. The same applies if you have activated the war mode in the open world. To compensate, the base item level of these items in PvE will be slightly lower than it would have been without this change.
Honor Aspirant armor starts at rank 1 at item level 190 (which is 177 in PvE) and can be upgraded to rank 7 and item level 229. You may only upgrade the items to rank 5 or higher if you have fame level 61 or higher. For Conquest, you can once again purchase the Gladiator gear, though so far we only know that the Duelist gear will have a base item level of 246 and will scale up to item level 259 in PvP situations.
NOTE: According to Wowhead's dataminers, you must also have earned a rated victory at the appropriate level in the week you wish to upgrade. Previously, you could only achieve the rating and then remain there in order to upgrade items to the appropriate item level.
More PvP Rewards in Season 2
As in Season 1, Season 2 will again offer the opportunity to earn additional PvP rewards through the Treasury. The requirements have not changed yet:
- 1st item - 1,250 honor via rated PvP
- 2nd item - 2,500 honor via rated PvP
- 3rd item - 6,250 honor through rated PvP
The quality of the reward depends on your rank, which in turn is determined by your rating (although the exact item levels aside from Duelist (259) are not yet known):
- Score 0 to 1,399: no rank
- Rating 1.400 to 1.599: Fighter
- Rating 1.600 to 1.799: challenger
- Rating 2.099 to 1.800: Rival
- Rating 2.100 to 2.399: Duelist
- Rating 2,400+: Elite and Gladiator respectively
Of course, the rating levels you achieve in PvP will also determine your achievements, titles, and elite transmog set.
Fighter Rank (1400-1599 rating)
- Fighter title
- Transmog set item: cape, belt, bracers
- Achievement: Fighter: Season 2 of Shadowlands
Rank Challenger (Score 1600-1799)
- Title "Challenger
- Transmog Set Item: Gloves, Pants, Boots
- Achievement: Challenger: Season 2 of Shadowlands
Rank Rival (Rating 1800-2099)
- Title "Rival
- Transmog Set Part: Chest, Shoulders, Helmet
- Achievement: Rival: Season 2 of Shadowlands
Rank Duelist (Rating 2100-2399)
- Title "Duelist
- PvP Weapon Enchantment
- Achievement: Duelist: Season 2 of Shadowlands
Rank Elite (Score 2400+)
- Class Specific Title
- PvP tabard
- Achievement: Elite: Season 2 of Shadowlands
Gladiator Rank (Won 50 3v3 Arena Battles at Elite Rank)
- Gladiator Title
- Mount Unchained Gladiator's Soul Eater
- Achievement: Gladiator: Season 2 of Shadowlands
Sinful Gladiator (in the top 0.1 percent of players in 3v3 PvP)
- Unleashed Gladiator Title
- Achievement: Unleashed Gladiator: Season 2 of Shadowlands
Sinful Hero (among the top 0.5 percent of players in rated Battleground PvP)
- Achievement: Hero of the Alliance: Unleashed / Hero of the Horde: Unleashed
Mounts for Shadowlands' second PvP season
In addition to titles and armor sets, you will once again receive new mounts during Shadowlands' second PvP season. Those who manage to earn the rank of Elite in PvP and win 50 matches in 3v3 Arena PvP at that rank will receive the Unchained Gladiator's Soul Eater.
WoW: Those who manage to earn the rank of Elite in PvP and win 50 matches in 3v3 Arena PvP at that rank will receive the Unchained Gladiator's Soul Eater. Source: Wowhead Players who achieve the rank of Fighter and win a certain number of rated Battlegrounds and Arenas as a result will receive a War Gorm as a mount:
- ViciousWar G orm (Alliance)
- Vicious War G orm (Horde)
WoW: Players who reach the rank of "Fighter" and win a certain number of rated Battlegrounds and Arenas will receive a War Gorm as a mount: Source: Blizzard Once you have filled up the reward bar in PvP, you can fill it up again and again to get a Terrible Saddle and use it to buy PvP mounts from past seasons. You will also be able to find the mounts from BfA at the appropriate vendor.