In order to make the equipment that our heroes capture from the raid in WoW a little more important again and to set it apart from the many alternatives from the Mythic-Plus dungeons and other sources, the developers have introduced Domination equipment with patch 9.1. Items now drop in the raid equipped with special Domination sockets, which can be filled with matching shards, also available as loot in the raid.
Each individual shard gives you a small bonus, which is active everywhere in WoW (buy now 14,99 € ). Really interesting, however, are only the set bonuses, although "set bonuses" here may be a bit misleading. Because you do not need a set of several pieces of equipment as before, but a set of shards that are unlocked with an item. In total, there are three possible bonuses, all unlocked with other shards and a different item.
- Unholy Bonus: Requires the helmet with domination socket, as well as three socketed Unholy shards.
- Frost Bonus: Requires the shoulders with rulership socket, as well as three socketed frost shards.
- Blood Bonus: Requires the chest with rulership socket, plus three socketed blood shards.
If you meet any of the prerequisites, the "Set Bonus" will activate, but you will only benefit from it in the Maw or Korthia. This includes Torghast and the new Sanctum of Domination raid.
Set bonuses increase with
While the individual shards come in different grades (for example: Shard of Oth, Ominous Shard of Oth, or Looming Shard of Oth) and can be upgraded by you in Korthia, it long looked like that wasn't the case for set bonuses. However, it now turns out that it does work.
How strong the set bonus is does not depend on the item level of the actual item, but on the grade of your splitters. More specifically, the three shards that trigger your set bonus. The lowest of these three shards determines what rank your set bonus is.
Example: You're wearing Ominous Shard of Oth (rank 4), Ominous Shard of Oth (rank 5), and Ominous Shard of Oth (rank 2) - then your set bonus is rank 2.
So it makes sense, when you eventually have the right shards for your bonuses, to upgrade them evenly instead of pushing the supposed best shard straight up all the way. This is because the set bonuses are enormously more powerful than the effects of the individual shards. More specifically, the effects gained from them increase by 50 percent of their initial strength with each rank. Here's how the bonuses are distributed across the ranks.
- Blood Bonus
- Blood Link: Blood Link pulses every three seconds, dealing 540 / 810 / 1080 / 1450 / 1620 Shadow damage to an enemy. You are healed for 100% of the damage. If you have full health, a teammate will be healed instead.
- Frost Bonus
- Winter Winds: If you land a critical hit, 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18 percent of it is saved (maximum 180 / 270 / 360 / 450 / 540 per hit). Every 20 seconds, this damage is unleashed on the enemy as frost damage. You also get a shield that absorbs the same amount of damage.
- Unholy Bonus
- Chaos Spell: Your abilities have a high chance to grant you 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 of your primary attribute. This effect can stack up to 15 times. Reach those 15 stacks and you unleash Chaos Spell, dealing 1500 / 2250 / 3000 / 3750 / 4500 damage to surrounding enemies (split) and gaining 300 / 450 / 600 / 750 / 900 primary attribute for 15 seconds.
As you can see, the bonuses are hugely powerful and anyone in the Sanctum of Domination is unlikely to want to do without them.00:50
WoW: Trailer preview of the new zone Korthia from Patch 9.1 World of Warcraft from€14.99
Source | wowheadSupportbuffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Also read these interesting stories 0
buffedCast: #575 with WoW Lore, Fake Leaks and Destiny 2Episode 575 of the buffedCast is all about WoW Lore, the latest fake leaks and the new expansion to Destiny 2 . 0
WoW: Rextroy as an (almost) immortal sorcererIn Rextroy's latest WoW video, he sets out as a near-immortal sorcerer to beat up Hordeans outside Orgrimmar and explore the world . 1
WoW: Blizzard finds no solution for Sylvanas lagsThe next WoW Shadowlands ID reset will fix some lags in the Sanctum of Domination, but Sylvanas remains a lag battle. From Philipp Sattler
Is something missing from the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 0