After BlizzCon 2021, it's clear that we're getting an upgrade to Burning Crusade Classic for all WoW Classic servers, plus there will be new era realms where Classic fans can continue to enjoy Phase 6 of WoW Classic. But what about completely new servers for WoW Classic and TBC Classic?
Fresh servers for WoW (buy now 14,99 € ) Classic, on which you can create level 1 characters and experience all phases once again - that's exactly what several questions in Blizzard's second survey on the topic "WoW and TBC Classic" were about. Also for TBC Classic some players (especially from the streamer and private server corner, but not only) had wished for fresh servers, where everyone has to start from level 1 equally.
But why start from level 1 when you already have optimally equipped and prepared level 60 characters that can immediately conquer Outland? We already discussed the advantages and disadvantages of such servers (and other options) in the special TBC Classic - fresh servers, upgrade from Classic or level-58-boost?
Advantages of fresh TBC servers with level 1 compulsion.
- Everyone starts from scratch. Everyone enters Outland with level stage gear. The economy can develop slowly. No one can pay for things like epic flying out of petty cash, which is already very well filled.
- The TBC content feels more challenging at the start because you don't have access to Classic Phase 6 BS items.
- The faction balance can unfold anew on all servers.
- Players will only hit Outland gradually, which will have a noticeable positive impact on the leveling experience in the new zones.
What does Blizzard have to say about "fresh" servers for WoW Classic and TBC Classic?
Of course, Blizzard executives were asked about new servers for WoW Classic and TBC Classic in the interviews as well as the official Q&A session.
- The topic of "fresh servers for WoW Classic" is not yet off the table at Blizzard. However, the developers want to successfully master the launch of Burning Crusade Classic first.
- There will only be new servers for Burning Crusade Classic, if the currently available Classic realms, which will then be upgraded to TBC Classic, are crushed by the high number of players, there are long queues everywhere and those affected have no way to escape the player rush even via character transfer (because all realms in the region are equally affected).
- New" in this context does not mean "new in the sense of: only for level 1 characters", but "new in the sense of: you can transfer here with your already existing characters". True "fresh TBC Classic servers" don't seem to be on Blizzard's agenda at the moment. For that to change, fans of this option will need to make some serious noise in the coming months.
What do you think? Would you have liked to have had "fresh servers for WoW Classic or TBC Classic? Tell us in the comments!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Read also these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep wind shot - PvP brawl from 18 AugustWoW PvP Brawl: Starting August 18, we'll be heading into a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground. Here is the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs Poll on Phase 2 RaidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race will be rated in TBC Classic Phase 2. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints of patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? Find from some dataminers raises hopes for patch 9.1.5. 01:48WoW
: Burning Crusade Classic: The Official Goosebumps Trailer World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 6